While we’re at it…let’s just put a title on everything! NOT REALLY!
Just in case you’ve just woken up dizzy from a drug induced sleep… it’s 2010! Yes, wake up, shake off the cob webs and set your intentions, resolutions…. GOALS. If you haven’t, what’s wrong with you? If you have, you should probably read those again… just sayin’. Don’t you feel like this is the time of judgement from all sides? I do! … and I’m not putting up with it this time!!!
If you’re on my page, you’re probably sick of all the publicity, rules, guidelines or guilt surrounding the beginning of a new year. Just in case you didn’t notice…. my new year’s resolutions haven’t been published yet. I’ve read plenty, really great ones too! Some I could have written for myself.
This morning I actually had a conversation with myself, which wasn’t very attractive by the way, to get motivated about my “STUFF” for 2010. Well, ladies and gentlemen…. my new motto for this new decade is…. F*ck titles, categories & guilt! It’s all about action, my action!
Here’s my “STUFF”…. there are no rules around these items, but I realized they are the most important to me and probably will always be:
Clarity…. can only come from truly saying what you feel, meaning what you say and deciding to take action!
Security…. money isn’t everything but it does pay the bills. Security comes from doing what you love, puting your heart and soul into it and living the life you’ve manifested by your actions! That’s how the bills get paid.
Love…. is ever-present when your heart is open. You will give love everyday simply through acts of kindness! You will receive love daily when you realize you deserve it!
Moment…. each one should be cherished, no matter how wonderful, amazing, or sucky it may seem. When you actively listen, see, taste and/or feel what is happening around you, your heart will be filled with many gifts! Receive them all.
My “STUFF” all requires ACTION… Today, instead of sitting down wondering how this was all going to happen. I decided to sit down and breathe for a minute. I took each subject in my brain, an overwhelming task, and simply decided… This cannot be given to me, I must take the steps in order to receive the benefits of what’s important to ME.
Here’s MY (aka: YogaSkaterMediaMavenDivaFashionista) list of actions….
– Meditate at least 5 days a week (I need spirituality to stay sane) – Clarity & Love
– Practice MY yoga everyday (for the non-yoga reader, “MY yoga” isn’t always on a mat…it’s how I will live) – Clarity & Moment
– Teach yoga to cancer patients and make it my livelihood – Security & Love
– Learn to ride a skateboard at least 20 miles – Moment & Love
– Speak from my heart ALL THE TIME – Love
– Put my heart into my “current” Media Maven livelihood – (find the passion in junk mail…it’s paying the bills for the stuff I love) – Security
– Taking my inner fashionista to consignment or discount stores instead of dropping loads on “trendy” topics… (exception: Jeans & Shoes) – Security
You may all think I’m crazy! It’s okay….I already know I am! Simply stated and realized…. The things I WANT (as posted in my earlier blog) will be valued more while I’m taking ACTION on my STUFF!
Don’t judge me, these are mine….remember, no rules!!!
Feel free to share your stuff…. I am a good listener/reader.